Quadros Systems and McObject Partnership Provides Integrated RTOS and Embedded Database Solution
March 12, 2003 — Quadros Systems, Inc., a leading supplier of configurable, real-time operating systems for the embedded systems market, and McObject, experts in data management for intelligent, connected devices announced today they have partnered to integrate McObject’s eXtremeDB in-memory database with the RTXC Quadros real-time operating system. Many intelligent, networked devices have reached a level of application and data complexity best addressed by an embedded database solution. Typical applications benefiting from rapid access and searching of stored data include industrial automation, test and measurement, networking, and home gateways.
Features of eXtremeDB include:
- A very small footprint (less than 130K RAM including the RTOS)
- Critical data management features, including coordination between tasks, fast and flexible navigation, and assured data integrity through transactions
- Blazing fast performance through elimination both of disk I/O and of CPU-intensive processes such as caching
- A self-diagnostic database API that catches common programming errors at an early stage, eliminating costly run-time errors
- Available source code, for complete control of the development environment
Features of RTXC Quadros include:
- Dual kernel architecture scalable to four RTOS frameworks
- Supports 8-, 16-, 24-, and 32-bit microprocessors, microcontrollers and DSP engines
- Up to 13 scalable classes of objects with over 300 scalable kernel services
- Multiple scheduling models and policies
- Small, scalable footprint to fit any ROM or RAM budget
- Deterministic design for critical applications
- Host-based graphical configuration program
“Embedded applications are becoming increasingly complex, which leads to extended development schedules. This partnership offers our customers shorter development times, speeding products to market and reducing project cost,” said Tom Barrett, president of Quadros Systems. “With eXtremeDB, new or existing users of the RTXC Quadros RTOS can replace their custom data management code with a proven in-memory database solution that has the flexibility and reliability to meet the performance and memory budget demands of today’s embedded applications and beyond. It’s a powerful combination.”
“Quadros Systems has been in the forefront of providing real-time operating system products that enable embedded applications to connect and share information. McObject’s technology enables these devices to manage growing volumes of information with greater speed, reliability and cost-effectiveness. By working together, both companies broaden their ability to respond to customer requirements,” said Steve Graves, president of McObject.
McObject, based in Issaquah, WA, is committed to building data management technology that makes intelligent devices smarter, and to providing first-rate support and consulting services to customers and partners. McObject counts among its customers such industry leaders such as DaimlerChrysler, Tyco Thermal Controls, and DTN. With more than 30 years experience in compilers, real-time systems, embedded data management and kernel level device-driver development, McObject’s founders are well-suited to deliver database technology that becomes as ubiquitous as computing itself. The company can be reached at 425 831 5964, or visit www.mcobject.com.
About Quadros Systems, Inc and RTXC Operating Systems
The RTXC kernel was first developed in 1978 and commercialized in the mid-80s. RTXC real-time operating systems have been deployed in thousands of embedded systems worldwide. Quadros Systems, Inc. develops and markets RTXC technology, bringing together the original development team with other hardware and software professionals. The RTXC family of operating systems includes RTXC 3.2 and RTXC Quadros real-time kernels, RTXC Quadnet, a suite of integrated communications protocols and RTXCfile, an integrated file management system. Contact Quadros Systems, Inc. at 978-838-0175 or visit www.quadros.com.
RTXC, Quadros and Quadnet are trademarks of Quadros Systems, Inc. McObject and eXtremeDB are trademarks of McObject LLC. All other tradenames and trademarks are the property of their respective owners. © 2003, Quadros Systems, Inc., all rights reserved.