eXtremeDB for HPC
Pricing and Licensing
eXtremeDB named Outstanding Structured Database in the 2018 Big Data Excellence Awards
Read the press release
How does McObject license eXtremeDB for HPC?
McObject licenses eXtremeDB for HPC (formerly Financial Edition) a per-system basis, regardless of the number of sockets, number of cores, database size, concurrent sessions or any other criteria. A system might be a virtual system or a physical system (i.e. one physical system running two instances of an operating system is two systems).
What type of technical support is available for eXtremeDB?
Annual support contracts are 20% of the total licensing fee, and entitle developers to unlimited telephone technical support, minor updates, and major upgrades during the support period. An annual support contract is mandatory.
eXtremeDB’s low total cost-of-ownership
eXtremeDB for HPC’s pricing is straightforward and reasonable – and that is just one aspect contributing to its low total cost-of-ownership. When analyzing cost-effectiveness, consider all these characteristics:
- Price is based on the number of servers used – not on cores, sockets, concurrent connections or database size. Another way of looking at it: a licensee can upgrade from a 16- to a 32-core server running eXtremeDB without incurring additional licensing fees
- Includes all modules
- Annual technical support and software maintenance includes unlimited email support and all patches, updates and major upgrades
- eXtremeDB leverages standard and widely used programming languages (C, C++, C#, Java, SQL, Python) so there’s no need to hire expensive programmers or consultants, or train your own, to work with a proprietary language
- eXtremeDB’s highly efficient design and short execution path deliver maximum database speed at any level of hardware, often eliminating the need for server upgrades
- In distributed database implementations, when more hardware is called for, the product’s low-complexity enables system expansion by adding inexpensive (“commodity”) servers
Where can I obtain pricing information for eXtremeDB for HPC?
Please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 425-888-8505.