McObject’s eXtremeSQL database interface is a high-performance implementation of the SQL database programming language for eXtremeDB. eXtremeDB combined with eXtremeSQL is an ideal solution for application development in fields where real-time responsiveness is a must and SQL is the dominant database language.
eXtremeSQL can be used as an embedded database system, or with the provided xSQL program, as a powerful and highly flexible database server and client that can manage local, remote, and distributed eXtremeDB databases. xSQL is fully configurable through a simple text-based (JSON) configuration file, and can execute SQL statements interactively or via batch scripts. In addition, xSQL supports a variety of commands that exercise eXtremeDB features such as online/incremental backup and restore, performance monitoring and diagnostics, and more. Because xSQL can operate as both a database server and as a client, it provides access to the full breadth of eXtremeDB’s capabilities, without coding.
Benefits of using eXtremeSQL include:
- Co-exists with native eXtremeDB. Use eXtremeSQL alongside the eXtremeDB embedded database API in the same system, to take advantage of both maximum performance and higher level access.
- Support for the extensive library of pipelining vector-based statistical functions for time series data analytics in eXtremeDB for HPC.
- Compatible with eXtremeDB High Availability, eXtremeDB Cluster, and eXtremeDB Active Data Replication for the IoT.
- Scalability through sharding and a sophisticated distributed query engine.
- Advanced JDBC and ODBC drivers.