Embedded Database Newsletter
We hope you find at least some of the following information valuable and worth a moment of your time.
In the News 2017
• The Internet of Things, Database Systems and Data Distribution, written by McObject CEO Steve Graves and published on TechTarget.com. In Part One, Steve explores data management considerations on edge devices, gateways and in the cloud. In Part Two, he explores data distribution considerations between edge devices, gateways and servers in the cloud.
• We were honored to have eXtremeDB shortlisted in the Outstanding Structured Database category at the 2017 Big Data and IoT Excellence Awards.
• March 2017 brought the release of eXtremeDB v.7.1. We understand the needs of professional developers, and for v.7.1 we built on the already incredible speed, flexibility and security found in eXtremeDB. Please click here to learn more.
• The article Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) Database Usage in Rail Systems, on insight.tech, explores Fog computing in rail systems. It also investigates the benefits of a DBMS with hybrid architecture that pulls from both the SQL and NoSQL worlds on edge devices.
Why did these industry leaders recently choose eXtremeDB for their database management needs?
“After a stringent review process, we selected eXtremeDB because of its scalability; outstanding performance due to its sharding capability; and our confidence in McObject’s ability to offer a solid support team.”
ViaSat – Developing technologies that overcome traditional telecom challenges and by advancing satellite, wireless, cloud and security technologies that enable us to securely transmit terabytes of data in real-time from space.
“Having looked at a number of specialist vendors, we chose eXtremeDB because of its speed and reliability in handling large, complex time-series data sets.”
GoldenSource – A leading independent provider of Enterprise Data Management (EDM) and Master Data Management (MDM) solutions for the securities and investment management industry.
“Reliability is absolutely critical to our customers, which was one of the key reasons for choosing McObject’s eXtremeDB.
Sandvine – A leading provider of intelligent broadband network solutions for fixed and mobile communications service providers.
“One of the main attractions of eXtremeDB IMDS is that it is a close fit with the existing architecture, reducing the requirement for major changes to the application code. This makes it an extremely cost-effective solution to implement and manage on an ongoing operational basis.“
Bluescope – One of the world’s most innovative steel producers.
Need to get away from the office?
If you’re in the area, we invite you to visit us at these industry events:
• IoT Tech Expo North America, Silicon Valley, November 29-30, 2017 will highlight the most innovative advancements in technologies affecting IoT.
• The Embedded World Exhibition & Conference in Nuremberg, Germany, is the world’s leading meeting place for the embedded systems community. This year the motto of the Conference reflects the unbroken innovative power of the industry: “Embedded goes autonomous”.
• IoT Tech Expo Global 2018. April 18 – 19, London The World’s Largest IoT Event Series will bring together key industries from across the globe for 2 days of top level content and discussion.
Please contact us if you would like free show passes to any of these events.
We are committed to keeping the eXtremeDB development community as informed as possible. If you have suggestions for our newsletter, or questions about how we can help with the success of your project, please e-mail email@example.com.
Thank you for your time. We wish you a happy and successful holiday season.
-The McObject Team