We offer two mobile database software product families: the eXtremeDB embedded database for development in C/C++, and the Perst embedded database for Java (including Google's Android), Java ME, and .NET environments.
Both mobile database products are distinguished by minimal RAM and CPU demands, a high degree of developer flexibility, reliability, and fast performance.
If you haven't seen our 3-minute eXtremeDB movie, check it out now!
eXtremeDB Mobile Database for C/C++
- In-memory, on-disk and hybrid data storage, to optimize the mobile device for speed, component cost, persistence and form factor
- Tiny footprint: conserve both memory and CPU resources
- The most flexible mobile database: supported indexes include B-Trees, R-Trees (for mapping data), Patricia tries, KD-Trees (k-dimensional), hash tables and more
- More APIs: two SQL, two faster native
- Virtually indestructible – learn how we eliminate database corruption
- Available on a wide variety of platforms, source code available for porting
Perst and Perst Lite Mobile Database for Java, Java ME and .NET
- Unparalleled ease in working with Java and .NET objects (including Java ME and .NET Compact Framework)
- Specialized indexes - R-Tree, T-Tree, KD-Tree and more
- Compact - Just 5000 lines of code
- Open source code, freely downloadable
- Fast - see our benchmark comparisons
- Tested compatible with Google's Android platform
- Object-oriented for the most efficient object storage
- Perst Lite - An OODBMS for BlackBerry, Nokia Nseries and other Java ME-based devices
Mobile Database User Examples
JVC uses a mobile database for C/C++ to manage playlists, songs, artists, albums and other music data in its MP3 player product line - click here.
Maximizer Software relies on a mobile database to deploy its CRM solution on BlackBerry devices - get details.
The Carbon Hero personal carbon calculator manages mapping data using mobile database technology on Java ME - read more.